Yes, I love teaching, but I also really love summertime. Here is short list (in no particular order) of some of the things I appreciate most about summer.
1. Sleeping until my body wakes up.
2. Writing ANY time an idea takes hold! 3:00 a.m.? No problem…it’s not like I have to work the next day.
3. FAB music blaring ALL.DAY.LONG!
4. Long enjoyable workouts.
5. Cleaning! In the summer I can conquer one small task each day instead of having to use one of my days off to scrub toilets and floors, vacuum, dust, ect… (maybe one day I’ll be a NY Times bestselling author, and I can hire a cleaning lady)!
6. Actually cooking and eating breakfast, instead of cramming a protein bar/banana/yogurt in my pie hole as I drive to work or rush down the hall to the next meeting. Today is was a turkey, spinach, feta omelete…delish!
7. Grocery shopping whenever I feel like it (like a random Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. when there’s hardly anyone in the store).
8. The heat! I know. I know. I’m alone in this thought, but little shorts and tank tops are my fave! Plus, I’d much rather be hot than cold AND I will take brutal summers over brutal winters any day!
9. LOW Maintenance daily routines! Make-up: tinted moisturizer, bronzer, mascara and lip gloss. Hair: ponytail/sloppy bun. Wardrobe: shorts, tanks and flip flops (see #8)!
10. Family time. LOVE traveling to see the FAM!
11. NO WEEKLY STAFF MEETINGS!
12. Not having to rush in the shower.
13. Did I mention writing ALL DAY LONG?!?!?!
14. Not having busy work or nonsensical time wasting reports to complete.
15. Quiet time when my brain can actually shut down (or at least slow down).
Minimal NO stress.
17. Not having scaly old lady hands as a result of constantly washing away of kid germs.
18. PUPPY TIME all the time!
19. A busy day consists of shopping and errands!
20. Reading, reading, and then reading some more!
Just a few books that have made the summer reading list so far (in no particular order):
§ A Feast for Crows
§ The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest
§ The Awakening of Agnostos
§ My Haunting Love
§ Thou Shalt Not Kill
§ City of Bones
§ The Thorn Birds
§ The Light Between Oceans
§ The Magician’s Assistant
§ Beautiful Chaos
§ The Sinner
§ Drowning in You
§ The Host
§ Last Scene Alive
§ The Key of Amatahns
§ Wuthering Heights
§ To Kill A Mockingbird
§ Gone Girl
§ Dances with Dragons