As I sit here in front of my computer, I must ask myself what on earth I am doing. I have a pile of essays to grade, progress reports to finish and a quarter marathon in five hours. I really didn’t have time for the Facebook nonsense I indulged in earlier, so I most definitely, don’t have time for a new blog post, yet what am I doing??? Writing a new blog post. To go with the randomness of the day, I decided to share 10 random thoughts. Read on, then go and have some randomness of your own!
10 Things about Me…
1. I have no regrets…not one. I have made a plethora of poor choices and dumbass decisions throughout my life, but they have all been quite fun or come with valuable lessons that have shaped me as a person. I wouldn’t change a single one!
2. I have tinnitus and can hear my heartbeat in my left ear. It’s from loud music when I was younger. I drowned out the rhythmic hum by chewing gum, listening to loud music or getting lost in a book.
3. If I had it all to do over again, I would be an archeologist. Ancient civilizations and cultures fascinate me.
4. I talk to myself as my characters rattle about in my head. I justify what may be insanity, as a writer’s overly creative and chaotic mind.
5. I have an incessant innate need for things to make sense and when they don’t, I am VERY stressed out.
6. Every night I sleep with a 90 pound Labrador snuggled up next to me and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
7. I quit smoking 973 days ago. I didn’t want to be a smoker anymore, so I stopped. Yes, it really is mind over matter and just that easy…if you want it bad enough.
8. I’ve had the same best friend for 24 years and I love her more and more the longer we are friends.
9. I overthink things to the nth degree.ALL.THE.TIME.
10. Up until age 25, I thought I would become a rich and powerful attorney (then I failed the LSAT miserably). I decided to become a teacher and have a positive impact on our future. I am neither rich nor powerful, but I change kids’ lives every day and I’m good with that.