Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Fall 2015...and Books



As much as I despise daylight savings time and the ever shortening days, I do have a certain affection for fall. I love the changing leaves (even in the desert), fuzzy socks, the fireplace, hot totties and the holidays, especially when family is involved. Recently, life has been a whirlwind of family, friends, work, home, writing/books…so many good things to be thankful for every day!

Does that mean every day’s perfect? Of course not, that would be a fictional tale, and a boring one at that. However finding my own peace every day is essential! No matter how many challenges or roadblocks I may meet in any given day, I have to find a piece…a slice…just a smidgeon…of happiness, harmony, peace, gratefulness…whatever I can grab. And some days that peace is the first five seconds of the day when my subconscious is still technically asleep.

But that’s the day-to-day chaos, not the big picture…the grand scheme…the reasons for it all: family, friends, happiness, harmony, love, kindness, health, beauty…the very core of the lovely and delightful #meaningfulmoments. So with the arrival of the Thanksgiving holiday and some of my favorite people, I am feeling extremely blessed and thankful this season.

May your life be filled with #meaningfulmoments now and always.
Happy Thanksgiving!

AND I think we all know…no matter how nuts life gets, there is always time to read. Even if it’s the last few moments before your eyes drift closed. Here are my latest reads…

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Great read! Anderson weaves a page-turner told from the perspective of a young freshmen girl, Melinda. The girl who called the cops at the big summer party. Needless to say, the start to her high school career was rough. She lost her friends and withdrew from her parents. It was through art she was able to find her voice and face her demons. The inner dialogue of this tormented teen is incredible. Highly recommend!

Midnight Raven by Becca Boucher
As a sequel in the Moon Series, this book shifts to the point of view of Kat, the angry loner. That is, until the good Dr. Cace Matthews shows up at her hospital. An instant connection is made, and it turns out they have more in common than the natural ways of the world. Before long they are neck deep in a harrowing nightmare. The story flowed and Boucher writes with great creative detail. I wasn't a fan of the way things ended for the characters, but it definitely has me thinking about where the next book will go.

Splintered by A.G. Howard
This modern Wonderland fractured fairy tale kept me guessing. Nothing is as it seems, but everything is familiar. A very creative spin/explanation/continuation of a classic tale. It was a little slow at the beginning, but near the end it was hard to put down. This book has some of the most impressive detail/description I’ve ever read, almost to a fault. There were points where I would get lost in details. But the ending was fantastic!

Afterburn by Silva Day
It’s hot. It’s heavy. It’s a quick read.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment