I had the pleasure of meeting this mother and son writing duo several years ago. They are simply fantastic people, but they are also an incredibly talented writing team. Their first novel is a unique twist on timeless mythology, and their creativity is endless! Read on to find out a little more about this amazing team!
1. First off, thank you so much for agreeing to this interview. Please start by telling us a little bit about your novel.
2. As a mother/son writing team, tell us what it was like co-authoring this book.
Nicholas: Overall it was fun, but at times it was a little difficult because as we got going we kept sending drafts back and forth to each other by email and had to make sure we were always working off the latest one.
3. How many books are in this series? What can we expect next in this series?
4. What was your inspiration for this story?
Nicholas: I always had a passion for mythology and my mother entering a fantasy-writing contest happened at the same time I was reading the latest edition in a very popular mythology series. I then encouraged her to write a mythology story for her fantasy submission.
5. Tell us a bit about your regular daily lives.
Nicholas: I will be entering my junior year at Stuyvesant High School. I enjoy good books, swimming and art.
6. What are some of your favorite books/authors?
Nicholas: To Kill A Mockingbird, The Outsiders, Catcher In The Rye, and The Hunger Games series!
7. What is the best writing advice you ever received? What is one piece of advice to aspiring authors?
Nicholas: As of now, all I’ve gotten are comments from my English teachers on essays!
8. When I’m writing I have to have while writing, I must have coffee and music! What is one thing you MUST have during writing time?
9. Aside from this series, what else can we expect from you?
Nicholas: I have the SATs coming up…ugh!
10. Now, please share one last tidbit about you!
Nicholas: I’m a passionate person and always believe that you should never give up on anything.
Thanks so much, Jennifer and Nicholas!
Click here to get their book from Amazon:
Want more??? Check out these great sites!